Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I Wish

I wish we could talk
About things more in-depth
Like politics, and voting
And our opinions at length.

I wish we’d get along for more than just a bit
Wish you thought of me as a grown up
Instead of just a kid.

I wish so many things
But I wish specifically
For approval and mutual respect
The quality kind that you give not just to get.

I wish you wouldn’t say
“it’s none of your business”
When I want to share my thoughts,
Instead perhaps you could appreciate
My willingness to talk.

I wish for good health, and a long future too
I wish we’d start our journey down this road
not just as one,
But individually as two.

I wish so many things, that I sometimes don’t share
I worry what you’ll say, or fear that you won’t care.

I wish we were more alike in so many ways.
I am stunned by our differences each and every day.
I try to take it openly
Even with interest.
I put my faith in the powers above
And hope for the best.

No comments: