Thursday, February 16, 2006

UnFucking Believable!

OMG, I am so totally pissed off right now. These past few days have been so hard, I have been falling apart left and right and trying to keep my wits straight. Last night, I left work a little early to be with my Nonna. I was at the hospital with her by myself for a couple of hours, it was good. I had the chance to talk to her and show her my true feelings. I guess it's kinda the same thing as talking to someone in a coma. She couldn't respond, only with moving her hand and arm around a bit. It's heart wrenching, but I dealt with it. Every couple of seconds when her breath was deep and she'd exhale and wait a few seconds and take another breath, my heart would jump. I kept thinking each breath she took might be her last....

My family was due to come back to the hosptial a bit later, so I lingered on, just watching her, stroking her hair, and just being there in the moment. I wanted to make sure she was not alone. My cell phone rings. It's work..great...Earlier in the day I created table tents, and name badges for our marketing program's manager Cindi. Here's the thing about Cindi, she is totally self-centered and cares very little for those around her. She thinks the world revolves around her and has a fit when it doesn't. So I helped her out cause I knew she had a big event last night. Normally I don't concern myself with little stuff like that, but it seems to me that everyone here is a template idiot and doesn't know how to layout anything...I printed the table tents, the name badges and counted the inserts. I didn't count the number of strings (that wrap the name badges around your neck) I figured since she supplied me with everything she had a handle on her supplies...

Here I am at the hosptial, and Cindi calls. She is demanding that I go down to San Jose, to bring her more strings for the name badges because I didn't count them and she was short. There were no office supply stores near her and she insisted that I come down there...I told her "No" that I was with my grandma at the hospital by myself and couldn't leave her alone. She blurted out "okay, thanks for your help" and hung up on me!

I was flabbergasted. 1. because she would have the audacity to call me with such a ridiculous request when it's her responsibility...and 2. because she actually thought that I was going to put her needs above the needs of my family. WTF? Does she actually think I give a flying fuck about her stupid name badges!?

This morning, I came in the office ready to rip her a new asshole, but decided against it since I am leaving this place at the end of the month. You see the thing that troubles me is that she called me from my bosse's cell phone. So he knew about it...No fucking compassion at all....

Today I have closed myself in an office so I don't have to deal with any interruptions and can crank through some work. I told my boss this morning in front of her that I didn't have time for name badges and garbage like that today. Today I am on a mission. (I am responsible for laying out a 3 volume book) and no one knows that I am leaving yet, so I am in a pretty big rush to get this done....

Nonna is being moved today from the hospital back to the nursing home. I hope she is going to be okay, I am going to see her after work tonight...I feel bad, my fiance and step son haven't seen me all week, I hate neglecting them. He's been such a sweetheart. The poor little tot is sick today, he's got some sort of flu.....Why does it seem like when it rains, it pours??

One happy little note, my veil and hair piece came in, they're waiting for me to pick it up....At least I have the arrival of a beautiful wedding gown to look forward to...

No comments: