Monday, October 22, 2007

An Ode to The Past

I see you on the screen
giggling and laughing at things that I see.

I see your old life, much to your despair
I see how you were,
not completely there.

I saw how you stood aside
and let others do the work
I see how you felt, a little awkward
and not so much alert.

I felt a lingering sadness
as I watched snippets of your life,
I saw you new and strange, in your role as the first wife.
I can almost empathize, a little hiccup in my heart,
with why it might've been difficult for you or even a little hard.

Although you're not entirely
scott-free of all the blame
you played your role
like a bluffing player
in a riveting poker game.

I don't really care, for your method or your manner.
I am much more subtle and sweeter with the banter.

I love them with my heart,
Now I fully see,
that I'm better suited,
between you and me,
to play the Mommy-wife part.

I just feel sad for you.
For all that you were,
and how feebly you've pulled through.
As a member of my sex, I almost want to give you a hand
but deep inside my soul,
I know it's me you cannot stand.

No comments: