Monday, March 31, 2008

Joy

So, I've taken a small survey of what Joy means to people. Not just ordinary people, but the people I really care about. I have been wondering about this, because it can mean so many things to so many people..So I was wondering what the word "joy" means to other people. To me, it means, a momentary flutter of my heart. It's when I know that my soul, my mind, my heart, and my spirit are all connected. .

Below you will find the meaning of joy to my dearest, joyful friends that were gracious enough to participate. Who knows, maybe someday you will find your names in the pages of my book. Thank you for you heart warming answers. (answers have been unedited)

Michelle T:
"Joy in its most sever sense to me means:

When my heart tightens and my breathe catches and my eyes water... It sounds like a bad thing, but it's really just that I am feeling overwhelmed with positive sensations.

Joy in it's most simple sense to me means:

When something triggers me to smile, unexpectedly.

Joy by my definition means:

Happiness. Joy is a feeling of being content. Joy is the feeling I have when something pleasurable happens to or around me."

Ryan T:
"Elation"

Francesca N:
"i think joy is a type of happiness to where u can it to another coming within yourself.wht r your thoughts on that?"
(not totally sure if a word is missing, can you elaborate? I love where you're going with this - Steph)

Romina M:

"that's easy- Joy is the meaning of life!

So it many be different for each individual, but as long as they remember that Joy is the meaning of life then it is a nicer one to live."


Blanca H
"Allegrato,
Allegria,
Wine
Being Loved
Gift
dogs and cats playing
christmas
birdays
babies"

It's so interesting to compare notes. Joy has so many meanings, and yet, is so simplistic, in the sense that it really is something beautiful to each of you. I guess the next natural question would be..What brings you joy?

Love you all.
SU

No comments: