Monday, August 20, 2007

fresh apples - BLEH

This morning, after rolling out of bed, quite late, I realized that hmm, maybe I've gotten a tad overweight, and yes, maybe I should start south-beaching again...I don't know, I really am a pill when I cut sugar out, and since I don't do artificial sweetner anymore, it's gotten really challenging, minus the migraines...

So I barreled into work, ten minutes early for our regularly scheduled staff meetings, (woo-hoo) I made myself a cappucino, and threw my egg whites in the fridge. An hour later (after being randomly selected to be on a team, and start video editing) I decided I needed some sugar..so..I heated the carefully prepared egg whites, and rinsed off a fresh granny smith apple a co-worker brought from an apple tree gone wild at his house.. Yumm, freshly-home-grown apples. Of course, I am here waiting for my egg whites, dreaming of apple pies, apple bread, apple butter, apple tart..all the wonderful things I could "wow" my co-workers with. After a few bites, I look down, and realize I've chomped into a small brown hole....(the egg whites finish, and the microwave buzzes, as if it's three thousand miles away) I reach for a knife, to a lurking account manager's dismay, I cracked the little sucker in half and learn that yes, it was a worm hole once, and that it mysteriously led to a larger brown hole filled with gunk....DAMNIT..I grab my egg whites, heaving, imagining a worm dancing in my stomach and head back to my cube..DAMNIT again.

Onto lunch. Yay, team outing!!! I love my team, but I don't love how "masculine" they eat...my passing thought about how quickily I've gained 10 lbs, and how mabye I should have salads for the rest of my life, goes to the wind, because they chose to have lunch at "Clarks" DAMNIT. So I order a bleu cheese burger, they order a basket of community fries and ohh, lookee here, our waitress screwed up our order, and gave us a free basket of onion rings.. OMG, is this a joke?!

DAMN DAMN DAMN

So I eat it, most of it...I join in on the grease fest, and then vow to myself that I will run everyday this week, despite the incriminating results my x-ray will produce today during my chiropractic exam...

Damn apples..

No comments: