Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The Firey Pit of Hell

I was already having a very rushed morning. I do that a lot I've noticed. I run around like a chicken with my head cutt off in the mornings. I did it again, I could hardly believe it. I locked myself out of the house...AGAIN...Here I am running out to the car to give the honey some bandaids and stuff for the tot, and I turn around breathing in deeply enjoying the morning air, reminding myself that I don't have much time to waste until I am officially late. I grab the door knob, and noticed that it's locked....*growling to myself*
The honey bailed me out of this one, just like he did last time. I felt so dumb. Then I rush into work, late, scrambling around like a madwoman only after our corporate credit card was declined, I tired to by some flowers for the office, and made the cashier cancel the whole darn transaction. Daming the IT department all the way to work, I decided to consult with a financial friend of mine on the status of our finances.
This week is going to be a very interesting one. Tonight I will be reading at an open mic night at a local bookstore. I am so incredibly horrified of large audiences,, but this one is going to critique me! I will keep steady with my affirmations. I am not afraid, I will do well. I am a success. Funny enough, theses words actually make me feel better, not just when I say them over and over again, but when I actually feel them.
Last night I had a hard time going to sleep. I had a pretty bad case of the jitters. This Saturday is my ten year high school reunion, and man am I nervous! I felt like a bird that hit a glass window, and just bounced off. The coast looked clear but I was in no form to fly. It's a little embarrassing to share these kinds of jitters with someone, it seems so elementary. It's only embarrassing because I have so much feeling about it all. I know I am not like I used to be, I feel so different, grown up and changed. I feel like I have very little in common with the people that might possbily be attending, but who knows, maybe I am just being a little judgemental. Perhaps I will have loads in common with my former high school peers. There is one person in particular that I don't wish to run into. A certain ex of mine, that I would like to personally hurt myself. I bet it would feel really good to tear his heart out by the roots, and then step on it...Then I would do a little dance of glee, and skip off into the sunset...No, I'm not an angry person, no pent up feelings here. Although I'm not so sure which rock that crawled out from underneath...I saw an ad for the new Mortal Combat game, that looks awesome...Okay, why am I geeking out all of a sudden? I'm telling you this high school reunion thing has me upside-down and inside-out. Hold on, I'm calling my cousin so I can drag her ass down into the firey pit of hell with me, the pit that I'm calling my high school reunion.