Monday, November 13, 2006

Notice of Resignation

OMG, I actually did it...I gave my notice..I was totally the bigger person in all this. I was very gracious, and thanked her (her / she = noodlehead) for the opportunity she gave me here. I told her that I wasn't going to lie, to her or to myself, and that I thought it was best if I moved on. I suggested she find someone better fitted to this position than me. She agreed. I said it would be best for the "team" that I am leaving.

I did speak to HR this morning before I spoke to her. They told me that she can withold my two weeks pay if she wanted. So I felt it was best if I was curtious about it, and was nice to her upon my exit. As much as I wanted to give her "the finger."

She said she was sorry to see me leave. She asked if I had something else lined up, and I said "yes." It was actually all very civil...(I know deep down that she was just as relieved as I was)

As much as I wanted to jump up and down and do cartwheels, I didn't. I just walked out of her office, thinking this is the beginning of something great. Such a huge weight has been lifted from my chest. It's all so liberating, I think I will go workout...It's about time I put myself in the driver's seat again...

No comments: