Friday, January 26, 2007

Reaching New Heights



I seem to have reached a new height with my workouts. I don't know exactly what it is. I guess I broke a barrier, or mental block I had put firmly in place for myself for the better part of a few years. A long time ago I was able to run for 10 miles. I am not quite there yet, nor do I strive to be. But I did manage to do a full 6 miles. I got so emotional throughout my run, I felt like crying, laughing, I was all over the place! All the while listening to my ipod! I trained sooo hard. Then today, in a moment of mental weakness I broke down and ate and ate and ate. Chocolate. I don't know why this is my comfort food...Maybe because I got scared with how well I really did, and I sorta secretly sabotaged myself?? I don't know. At least now I don't really think too much about the workouts, I just do them. I've been targeting 7 days a week. I managed to do 6 last week, and will do 6 again this week.

Our Team in Training official kickoff is this Saturday. I still have $2100 left to raise. Which I think I will pull off somehow. Tonight is supposed to be my off day, but I missed my Tuesday workout. (Wasn't feeling too well) But I am meeting with my personal trainer tonight. I am excited, he's good, just talks a lot sometimes...

Wow, I need to run, I am going to be late if I don't leave now!! TGIF.

No comments: