Friday, January 19, 2007

Training Blues

Lord, who knew that training AND fund-raising would be so difficult? Not only am I pushing myself physically more than I ever have, everyday, but I am living with the anxiety of not being able to raise enough money by my deadline. The schedule may not seem like much to those who are athletically gifted, but to an artist by trade, and daughter of Italians (I am touching on all the food I am inclined to eat without a moments hesitation) it's been quite a stretch for me. Mind you all this stuff happens after a full business day, and pre or post step-mommy responsibilities.. (which thankfully for my ROCKSTAR husband, have been few these days)

Monday: run 30-60 min.
Tuesday: bike / swim 45 min. each
Wednesday: bike / swim 45 min. each
Thursday: run 60 min.
Friday: (I am supposed to rest, but have decided to start meeting with my personal trainer to start strength training again)
Saturday: run (not sure duration yet, probably short 30 min run)

Fund-raising...ARG! I know people seem to have really good intentions, but no one is really ACTING on them...It's discouraging only because I am so heavily involved now. The only money in my online donation site is the $25 I donated to myself! (lol, it's starting to make me feel a little hopeless) However....I did notice people taking my url-tear off- thingies from the flyers I have posted at every Starbucks imaginable...Okay, so I only hit 10 or 12 places last night..but it's really interesting to see how different people treat you when you're asking for money. I didn't buy coffe, just made a complete ass of myself for trying to stick tacks onto a magnetic board..Hey, no one said you had to be a genius to do this!

Good thing about all this is, I have been sleeping like a hibernating bear. Bad thing is, I am out like a light by 10:30 or 11. poor hubby.

My toes really hurt today, lol, not my feet but my toes..Hmm and my abs to. My trainer nearly strangled me when I told him what I am planning. Not because he doesn't believe in me, but because he's visualizing all sorts of muscle tears and sprains.

Ah well, thank god it's Friday, at least I get to sleep in tomorrow and resume my knitting / crocheting bonanza. I think I am going to try and sell my scarves to help raise some dough...

Dough...hmm, cookies anyone?? I think I smell a bake sale..

No comments: