Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Team in Training -YIKES!!


Okay, call me "CRAZY"!!! I have decided to try and complete my first triathlon. My first meeting is this weekend. I have to figure out how much money I can commit to raising for Team in Training and if I am faint at heart...It goes to a very worthwhile cause..I will raises funds that will go toward research for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, and related cancers. Seeing that I've had family members that have passed away due to cancer and that currently live with cancer, this means quite a bit to me. This is more than just a race.

Initially I never thought I could do something like this until one of my very brave co-workers reeled me in. I will be participating in 0.93-mile open water swim, 24.8-mile bike ride, and then round it off with a 6.2-mile run. I am nervous as hell, but feel confident that my excitement will propel me through. Plus, it will be nice to get in shape for such a good reason!

If you're reading this blog right now, and are a friend of mine, you may get hit up for a donation. I guess this meeting will be very telling this weekend. I am pretty amped about it, and can't wait to see what they say. This isn't a full triathlon, I think it's half, but nonetheless, I want my future kids to know that Mommy kicked some ass before they were born. :D


God help me!

No comments: