Friday, April 14, 2006

Progress at Last!!

Okay, I finally found my happy medium..It's the morning workouts that keep me smiling. I didn't realize how much I thrive throughout the day after a good hard workout in the morning. I detest getting up that early but man it's worth the effort, because then I have the whole day to frolic around and be a happy fury.

This week, I've made a lot of progress with regards to the pre-bridal body. My current goal is to see some visible changes in my muscle development and shed about 13 pounds before the wedding, which is proving to require discipline of steel.

My workout routine for this week

Monday: Weight Training (full body) : legs, chest, arms, back, abs, shoulders, and anything else that comes to mind during that hour and half.

Tuesday: Cardio (30-60 minutes) usually I enjoy running, but find that my body feels strangely jolted after an hour long run. I ran 30 minutes around my neighborhood, don't like running on pavement if I can avoid it, I will.

Wednesday:
Weight Training, did the full body.

Thursday: Cardio. Ran 60 minutes (6.15 miles) during lunch at a gym near my work. Very good hard run, but found it was hard to break from the 30 minute barrier to the 60 minutes. Trying to speed up the mileage to 8.5 min/ miles, currently doing 10:00 / mile

Friday: Weight Training. Did a full body workout as planned.

Saturday: Cardio (30-60 minutes)(plan to do a 60 minute am treadmill run, with intervals, alternating sprints and hills.)

The good news is that I can tell my metabolism is speeding up, because I am constantly hot now, and wake up at night roasting, as opposed to wearing so many layers and freezing throughout the day. This is attributed to the weight training. I noticed this a few years ago when I victoriously shed ~25 pounds via constant weight training, and unbeliveably very little or no cardio...Lol, and then gained 15 back!

The food part is the most challenging for me, becuase after I've worked out so hard, I am famished and want to eat everything in site! It's so easy to undo all the hard work!! So I really have to stay on top of it with chugging more water, and drinking my protein shakes when I start getting hungry... Overall, it's been a productive week. I have worked really hard, and I am slowly starting to see some progress in my body. I am a happy little fury today :D

No comments: